Friday, March 16, 2007

March Madness



"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be, said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." -- Alice's Adventures Through the Looking-Glass


God, sometimes life feels mad --
mad in terrible ways
as I listen to the horrors of the day's news
mad in frustrating ways
as I try to juggle my responsibilities
mad in comic ways
at those times
when the only thing left to do
is laugh

Thank you for your abiding, healing presence
in this mad world
and in my mad life.

2 comments:

see-through faith said...

loved this .. made me laugh but it also was a lovely moment with God, who laughs with us :)

Unknown said...

I did not know what to do with this, but I do love Alice in Wonder land.
I had to ask was somebody mad?
And then I had to ask myself was I mad?
And the answer came back yes.
Thanks LutheranChik for reminding us that God is present and healing in the midst of this mad world and my mad life.