Thursday, March 15, 2007

Prayer of St. Anselm


O Lord my God,
teach my heart this day
where and how to see You,
where and how to find You.

You have made me and remade me,
and You have bestowed on me
all the good things I possess,
and still I do not know You.
I have not yet done that
for which I was made.

Teach me to seek You,
for I cannot seek You
unless You teach me,
or find You
unless You show Yourself to me.

Let me seek You in my desire,
Let me desire You in my seeking.
Let me find You by loving You,
Let me love You when I find You.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful hopeful picture. Yes, Lord, let me. Amen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your prayers.

No response to that difficult email - but I'm surprisingly ok about it - finally learning - I think - the difference between letting go and giving up! Hallelujah.

I still have no idea where I'm going - or whether I will have a ministry - but I do have a calling and am learning just to rest in it.

Moses waited a long time, I guess I can too.

But prayers that this new found peace (not resignation but acceptance in a healthy way) would be appreciated.

Also that I could either shut up (watch and see!) at the local charge conference - or stay away.
Lord give me wisdom and help me be obedient to your will in this. Amen

Unknown said...

That's really beautiful.
I'm getting better after ten days of being sick, but still feel strained. The effort to go back to work and keep up with things at home left me little spiritual energy, and I appreciate this prayer and this picture. Thanks be to God.

see-through faith said...

Praising God that you are getting better SB.

Prayers for all going up.

Thank you Lord that we have the privilege of bringing these wonderful RevGals before Your throne of grace. You know their needs - spoken and unspoken, their desires and their fears, I ask You meet each of them at the deep point of their need. Amen

Mary Beth said...

Amen, Lorna. And you definitely have a ministry! online at least!!