Thursday, March 1, 2007

Determination

Every so often, this miracle happens:

A seed falls upon rock and takes root, refusing to die.

The stronger it grows, the deeper its roots go, probing for sustenance. It puts out green branches, a sign of hope.

O God, plant your love in the rocky soil of my heart. Sustain it with your grace. Help me believe that I am strong enough to make it through, though the obstacles before me may seem insurmountable, because in You all things are possible.

Help me to live as a sign of hope to all who seek your Kingdom.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN

thanks for this - amazing prayer and picture of hope :)

Sue said...

Thanks. I need this today. I'm feeling overwhelmed and very very small next to the mountain of responsibilities I'm trying to attend to.

All I want to do is crawl into bed with an icepack on my aching head and go to sleep.

Cathy said...

Thanks, lorna, and prayers for you, sue. Good luck with that mountain of responsibilities! (I can identify with that.)

smkyqtzxtl said...

I wore an acorn around my neck all day today at work to remind me that with God little things, small acts of faith, can grow and flourish and then tonight I open up the computer and find your picture and prayer. What more can I say? You blessed me.

Catherine said...

This is a soothing balm...thank you.

see-through faith said...

love the idea of wearing an acorn as a reminder ... wow :)

God spoke to me though that 'little act of faith' :) Thanks

Catherine said...

I carry a hazelnut in my pocket wherever I go, to remind me of the words of Julian of Norwich...

Unknown said...

Ah yes, we forget that we too have rocky soil in us. I remember removing the rocks from our yard, and they just kept coming up. We were eventually able to use the rocks to build a beautiful mailbox, flower box , and retaining wall. Help me remember you can use that rocky soil in my life too.

Sue prayers for you hope you are better. Now I have never carried nuts, but I do carry rocks from where I have journeyed. MMM never made the connection until now. Awesome.