Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Prayer: Proper 7B


(a prayer for the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer, adapted)

I ask your prayers for God's people throughout the world;
for this gathering; and for all ministers and people.
Pray for the Church.

Silence

I ask your prayers for peace; for goodwill among nations;
and for the well-being of all people.
Pray for justice and peace.

Silence

I ask your prayers for the poor, the sick, the hungry, the
oppressed, and those in prison.
Pray for those in any need or trouble.

Silence

I ask your prayers for all who seek God, or a deeper knowledge of her.
Pray that they may find and be found by him.

Silence

I ask your prayers for the departed [especially ].
Pray for those who have died.

Silence

F
or whom else shall we pray (add petitions).
We give thanks for all the blessings of this life: (list blessings).

I ask your thanksgiving for (prayer for all the blessings of this life –birthdays, anniversaries, etc).

Silence


Praise God for those in every generation in whom Christ has been honored
[especially whom we remember today].
Pray that we may have grace to glorify Christ in our own day.

Amen.

No comments: