Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Prayer: Feeling Torn

God of all space and time,

You are able to be in all places and at all times.

Sometimes, I think You forget that I am not.

I feel the tug of the work to which You have called me.

I yearn for more time in the relationships in which You have involved me.

I crave rest. I long for You.

Help me to be at peace with where I am from moment to moment.

Guide me through the Spirit to see the "extra" time in my day.

Slow my feet and speed my comprehension... that I might be more aware of the ways You are moving.

Help me to become receptive to the gift of Your peace.

I know, dear God, that is a horribly passive prayer.

But passivity is my prayer to You.

You are the actor, the First Mover, the Giver, and the Invitation.

Help me to respond, even with stillness.

Amen.

No comments: