Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prayer for a Major Life Transition


Lord, help me now to unclutter my life, to organize myself in the direction of simplicity.  Lord, teach me to listen to my heart, teach me to welcome change, instead of fearing it.  Lord, I give you these stirrings inside me.  I give you my discontent.  I give you my restlessness.  I give you my doubt.  I give you my despair.  I give you all the longings I hold inside.  Help me to listen to these signs of change, of growth; help me to listen seriously and follow where they lead through the breathtaking empty space of an open door. 

from Common Prayer,  Claiborne, Wilson-Hartgrove, Okoro

2 comments:

Amy+ said...

Rector leaving for three weeks starting on Friday. I needed this today. Thanks MB.

revkjarla said...

Thank you. Amen.