Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Prayer

Grant me, Lord, to spread true love in the world.

Grant that by me and by your children it may penetrate a little into all circles, all societies, all economic and political systems, all laws, all contracts, all rulings;

Grant that it may penetrate into offices, factories, apartment buildings, movie houses, dance halls;

Grant that it may penetrate the hearts of men and that I may never forget that the battle for a better world is a battle of love, in the service of love.

Help me to love, Lord,

not to waste my powers of love,

to love myself less and less in order to love others more and more,

That around me, no one should suffer or die because I have stolen the love they needed to live.

Quoist, Michel. Prayers. Kansas City: Sheed and Ward, 1963. 103.

1 comment:

Terri said...

lovely, Jan. Thank you.