Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Prayer..

I have been with my parents these past two weeks, helping them sort through their home of 40 years so that they can move to a more accessible home, across the state, closer to one of my sisters.

In the sorting, I found a book called "Apples of Gold"--given by another sister  to my mother on her birthday in 1979--32 years ago!  It's a collection of modern proverbs organized around the Fruits of the Spirit.

I liked the following passage in the Goodness section:

We search the world for truth, we cull
The good, the true, the beautiful,
From graven stone and written scroll,
And all old flower-fields of the soul;
And weary seekers of the best,
We come back laden from our quest,
To find that all the sages said
Is in the Book our mothers read. 


May you experience today all the goodness that is brimming from the books of our Mother's soul.
Amen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless you for being there. And Amen.

Terri said...

Praying for you and your parents during this time. Lovely prayer!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

What Terri said. And my grandfather used to have Apples of Gold on his coffee table. Made me smile to remember. :-) Thanks.