Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Prayer

Prayer When in Doubt

Gracious God, I feel so uncertain, so unsure. I want to trust that you are real and present, that you are acting on my behalf, that you hear and will answer my prayers. Yet, my confidence is spent, my faith flat. You speak in my heart and tell me to seek your face, and I am seeking -- longing for the sureness of your presence, the touch of your breath, the warmth of your love. In my doubt, O God, let your Spirit hover over me with the gentleness of angel’s wings, until I am opened to faith and once again recognize the pattern of your face. I ask this for the sake of your love. Amen.


3 comments:

Jan said...

GG, this is a prayer I needed to pray today. Thanks.

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Beth said...

Likewise, to what Jan said. Thanks, GG.