Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thanksgiving










O God, I begin this morning grateful for your blessings but aware that many of my sisters and brothers are suffering today.

I am surrounded by the love of family and friends, while others are lonely and hurting.

I have every material thing I need, while others are hungry and homeless.

I enjoy good health, while others are sick and suffering.

I begin this day with joy, while others grieve.

I am thankful for all that I have, and I pray that you will not let me become complacent. Help me to grow in compassion through my prayers for all of your children, and make me aware of every opportunity that comes my way today to reach out to others or to act on their behalf, hoping and trusting that on another day when I am the one in need, they may do the same for me.

Amen.

No comments: