Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday's prayer:The Quietness of Prayer


The Quietness Of Prayer
By Peter Marshall

Father, I ask Thee to take from me now
all that does harass and annoy,
all that has laid upon my heart burdens of anxiety and care.
I thank Thee for the stillness of this time of prayer-
this oasis in my busy day
when I can relax before Thee,
lay my burdens down,
and handover to Thee all my anxieties.

At this moment,
I open my heart to receive Thy blessing;
knowing that in Thy presence
The furrows are being smoothed from my brow,
The lines from my face,
the load from my heart,
the doubts from my mind,
the fears from my soul,
and I am at peace.

And now I thank Thee,
not only for Quietness without,
but for Thy quietness at the heart of the universe and
for quietness within. In Thy presence, I pray.
Amen

1 comment:

smkyqtzxtl said...

I am a little slow on the uptake but I just read this, just as fitting on a Tuesday as on a Saturday. Thank you for the blessing of Peter Marshall's words and prayer.