Monday, April 23, 2007

Rebirth

From you, O my crucified love, most dulcet Jesus, let me receive the sign of your holy cross on my forehead as in my heart so that I may live under your protection for eternity. Give me a living faith in your heavenly precepts so that I may run the way of your commandments with heart wide open. Through you let my conduct be such that I deserve to become the temple of God and the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Gertrud the Great of Helfta, Spiritual Exercises 1:54-60.
Tr. Gertrud Jaron Lewis and Jack Lewis. Cistercian Publications, 1989.

6 comments:

Jennifer Garrison Brownell said...

please continue prayers for my friend whose pregnancy ended at 10 weeks. she is going for an exam today to decide about the next steps.

also, prayers for me - i have a lot of headaches these days and I kind of thought I was over that. so patience and healing both are needed.

Mary Beth said...

Would you please keep DH and me in your prayers...we go for our first couples counseling appointment (ever) tomorrow morning.

He is skeptical and I am so anxious for it to go well.

Issues include money, teenager (!), what's next in our lives, his depression....

thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

You both have my prayers.

Unknown said...

And Jen's friend, sorry, didn't mean to leave her out.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Mine too, dear ones. I couldn't check in after posting Monday because I was traveling home all day.

Unknown said...

Prayers for jen's friend, and for juniper also. Prayers for mother laura too.

Thank you for this.