Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Morning Resolve

A Morning Resolve



I will try this day to live a simple, sincere and serene life, repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking; cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity, and the habit of holy silence; exercising economy in expenditure, generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation, diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust, and a childlike faith in God.

In particular I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right.

And as I cannot in my own strength do this, nor even with a hope of success attempt it, I look to thee, O Lord God my Father, in Jesus my Savior, and ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit.


A Morning Resolve - from the inside cover of publication Forward Day by Day

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cathy, thank you for helpful and true words this morning.
O God, hear our prayer.

Rainbow Pastor said...

What a wonderful resolve--this is my prayer this morning.

Blessings to you all...

smkyqtzxtl said...

My evening prayer as well. Blessings

Cathy said...

Thank you all - it is a prayer I have by my desk in my classroom.

Unknown said...

Cathy it reminds me of the One day at a time prayer Just for Today that many of the anonymous groups use.

what a neat idea that you have it by your desk in your classroom.

Mary Beth said...

It's by my computer. I say it every day. There are so, so many phrases that are pertinent daily!