Thursday, February 8, 2007

Focus



O God, you are my deepest desire,
the beginning and end of all of my heart’s yearnings.
I know I will never find true peace except in you.

Thank you for your presence in my life.
Help me to stay focused on you as I live this day.

You know my needs and desires
even before I form the words to express them,
but I bring them to you anyway.
This is who I am, and I give myself to you.

I ask your blessings on my family and friends,
especially those who are troubled.
Give me the grace to bring
your love and comfort to all I meet today.

Amen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying this prayer here this morning with my daughter, who is feeling worried about things at school. My prayer is that she might find a place of calm at her center.

Deb said...

What an excellent focus for me, too. Resting instead of fretting...

d

Cathy said...

Praying here for your daughter ... and for my own.

Catherine said...

This is what I should have read yesterday...instead I moped. Blind me...