Friday, October 26, 2012

A Prayer for God's Love

Isaiah 12:1-3
In that day, you will say:
"I will praise you, LORD.
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my defense;
and God has become my salvation.”
With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.

Mark 5:19  Jesus...said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”

We pray to you on behalf of those who fear your anger but doubt your love.  We pray for those who are hiding from you, becoming a shadow of what they could be.  Find those who are lost and wandering, unsure of their direction, of their source, of their destination.  May the good news of your love and your grace ripple throughout our families and our friendships and our workplaces and our churches. Give renewed joy to those who have walked with you for years, and allow them to tell their stories, once again, with renewed wonder.  May your mercy amaze us.  May your love become spectacular, for yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory. Amen


No comments: