Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Prayer: A Gardener's Springtime Prayer

 (Rainbow chard in my garden)



Here are my hands, Spirit of Earth and Space,
mysterious Wisdom within and behind everything that is
   and is promising,

Gardener ever ancient, ever new,
   who fashioned out of those colossal explosions at our beginning
   all the avenues to life, to its complexities,
   and to the communion we are destined for,
   here are my hands.


Give them the skills of a midwife
   to put good order into expectations,
   to coax along the natural forces of life and growth
      that are already within the earth,
   and to help wisely with the harvesting.


Here are my hands,
   and here are my dreams.



from A LIVELY GARDEN PRAYER BOOK by William Cleary

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love this prayer.