Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Praying toward Holy Week

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming a human being
so I do not have to pretend or try to be God.
I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming finite and limited
so I do not have to pretend that I am infinite and limitless.
I thank you, crucified God, for becoming mortal
so I do not have to try to make myself immortal.
I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming inferior
so I do not have to pretend that I am superior to anyone.
I thank you for being crucified outside the walls,
for being expelled and excluded like the sinners and outcasts,
so you can meet me where I feel that I am,
always outside the walls of worthiness.

- Fr. Richard Rohr

3 comments:

Amy+ said...

*deep breath* I especially needed this today - thank you for posting

Unknown said...

Amen.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Thank you for sharing this, Mary Beth. And thank you, Lord.