Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prayer of St. Clare


Place your mind before the mirror of eternity!
Place your soul in the brilliance of glory!
Place your heart in the figure of divine substance!
And transform your entire being into the image of the
Godhead itself through contemplation.
Most high, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart, and give me Lord,
a correct faith,
a certain hope,
a perfect charity, sense and knowledge,
so that I may carry out
Your holy and true desires.

- from The Casa Franciscan Renewal Center website

1 comment:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

I love Clare (my confirmation saint) and I have always loved this prayer--my heart gave a big smile when I saw it at the Casa. Thanks for posting it, and the lovely picture too.

So very good to finally meet you in person, dear sister!