Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let It Be....



flickrfoto


Although it will be morning when most of us read this prayer, I offer it anyway, as beautiful prayer of letting go and letting God....



Night Prayer (source The New Zealand Prayer Book)

Lord,
it is night.

The night is for stillness.
Let us be still in the presence of God.

It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done;
let it be.

The night is dark;
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and our own lives rest in you.

The night is quiet.
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us,
all dear to us,
and all who have no peace.

The night heralds the dawn.
Let us look expectantly to a new day,
new joys,
new possibilities.

In your name we pray.
Amen.

5 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

I would appreciate prayers for my family, and especially for my brother(who is fine)and for me. We have only just lost my son, and now the week-end has brought health and relationship announcements that have left us reeling. I am not sure how much one person is supposed to be able to absorb, but I think I have now passed my limit.

Last Monday's prayer is wonderful.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Thanks, GG...and I'm praying for you as even more terrible stuff piles on.

Mary Beth said...

Praying for you, GG, and all your family.

Free Flying Spirit said...

A wonderful prayer....


Again a sudden thing has shown up, I will be having a mastectomy either November 6th, or the 13th. What follows is unknown.

22 years ago, a cancer growing about 10 years took my right breast.

This time it was not felt at exams in late June and early fall and this I can now feel..3 biopsies were taken yesterday. Tomorrow I find out when for sure.

The regular mammogram a short time ago...made it apparent and is seen a fast growing..I know that is not a good sign.

I am still recovering from last February's sudden illness and septic shock..so this is more than a bit unnerving at this time.

It would be a good discussion to have of the saying...'God gives only what you can handle.' People tell me that.....I cannot see it that way....

First God doesn't give out, or cause, these things, they are part of being alive... but God is with us through them. When we ask for God's help it makes connections that can help us go on. But God loves us whether we are aware of this, or not.

When the knowledge and experience are joined together somehow another dimension of peace enters.

But support is paramount from people of faith,wherever they may be, so again I call for yours.

Thank you.

Free Flying Spirit said...

Follow-up....

My surgery is Novemebr 13th and will find out more Friday at the re-op session.