Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Psalm 130 Page 784, BCP

De profundis

1
Out of the depths have I called to you, O LORD;
LORD, hear my voice; *
let your ears consider well the voice of my supplication.
2
If you, LORD, were to note what is done amiss, *
O Lord, who could stand?
3
For there is forgiveness with you; *
therefore you shall be feared.
4
I wait for the LORD; my soul waits for him; *
in his word is my hope.
5
My soul waits for the LORD,
more than watchmen for the morning, *
more than watchmen for the morning.
6
O Israel, wait for the LORD, *
for with the LORD there is mercy;
7
With him there is plenteous redemption, *
and he shall redeem Israel from all their sins.

2 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

I'm using this Psalm in a funeral this morning. I have to drive 74 miles there -- in the rain. It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday!

Deb said...

RM
I thought today was Thursday... until my 13 year old popped her head in my study for our Wednesday "date" watching Project Runway! A long week, indeed...

I wait for the Lord...

for many things, but mostly for clarity of mind and purpose, and patience to do what God asks me to do - this week, this day.

I can't blog publicly, and, truthfully, it's not great trauma. It's my impatience. And God's molding.

I wait for the Lord...

and that is enough.

Prayers out to many who have asked for them...

d