Friday, June 13, 2008

A Prayer For Discernment


God, I know you love me and have great plans for me. But sometimes I am overwhelmed by the thought of my future. Show me how to walk forward one day at a time.

May I take heart while I search openly, learn about all the choices, listen to others for advice, and pay attention to my own feelings. By doing these things, may I hear your call to a lifestyle and a calling that will let me love as only I can, and let me serve others with the special gifts that you have given me.

Amen.

-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

This is beautiful, LutheranChik--thanks for the picture and prayer alike.

Not sure if you saw on the contributors' list that we are reconfirming the commitments for daily posting, which are now listed on the front page.

If you are still happy with solo Fridays, great--but if you need a break or a teammate, please let us know (here, or email me at lauraATgrimesDOTws. Songbird is still in overall charge and issuing invites, but I am now organizing the posting schedule).

Thanks!