Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday in preparation for pentecost Sunday


O living God, come and make our souls temples of thy Spirit.Sanctify us, O Lord. Baptise thy whole Church with fire, that the divisions soon may cease, and that it may stand before the world as a pillar and buttress of thy truth.Sanctify us, O Lord.Grant us all the fruits of thy Holy Spirit: brotherly love, joy, peace, patience, goodwill and faithfulness.Sanctify us, O Lord.May the Holy Spirit speak by the voice of thy servants, here and everywhere, as they preach thy word.Sanctify us, O Lord.Send thy Holy Spirit, the comforter, to all who face adversity, or who are the victims of men's wickedness.Sanctify us, O Lord.Preserve all nations and their leaders from hatred and war, and build up a > community among nations, through the power of thy Spirit.Sanctify us, O Lord.Holy Spirit, Lord and source of life, giver of the seven gifts,Sanctify us, O Comforter.Spirit of wisdom and understanding, Spirit of counsel and strength,Sanctify us, O Comforter.Spirit of knowledge and devotion, Spirit of obedience to the Lord.Sanctify us, O Comforter.
Prayer of Taize Community

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to add to this; prayer for our brothers and sisters in Myanmar, Beirut, Zimbabwe, North Carolina and others who have experienced one disaster or another.

Prayers for those preparing to lead worship, preach, teach and/or minister for Sunday.

Prayer for our election process.

Unknown said...

Friends,
You may get this request in more than one forum. One of the symptoms I'm having that doesn't line up with the wrist condition I'm being treated for is other joint stiffness, and this has raised the possibility of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Last week I read that one of the symptoms of RA in early stages is weight loss. This always makes me laugh because short of a stomach virus, I have never contracted an ailment leading to weight loss!
Also this past week, I had lots of obligations that involved eating out, and because it was a demanding week and I was also sore from the joint stiffness, really in pain (there, I've said it), I have to admit my commitment to Weight Watchers was low in my priorities.
So going in today to hear I lost 2.8 pounds actually worried me.
I'm seeing the doctor again this week and will be telling her that while the wrists feel better, I'm waking up at night to pain in my shoulder joints, elbows, knees and toes. I'm scared about what this might be, irritated that it comes at a time when I've been working so hard for the last year on my physical life, and yet grateful I am not carrying those extra 60 pounds I had last spring.
All this is to say, I would appreciate prayers.
Thanks,
Songbird

Teri said...

praying praying....

(((SB))) (that was a gentle hug, of course)

Unknown said...

Prayers for Songbird.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Oh, Songbird, how scary and frustrating. Holding you in prayer.

Mary Beth said...

Praying hard. mb