Friday, May 16, 2008

Prayer For a Generous Heart

Loving and Generous God,

We have been blessed with many good things.

Help us to assess honestly all that we have to give.

Draw us toward those who are most in need of love, compassion and kindness we can offer.

Increase our awareness of those who struggle to feed, clothe, and house their families.

Let our efforts expand our capacity for generosity and deepen our commitment to justice.

Through the alms we give, may we recognize and praise you for the depth of your love and care for us.

-- Amen.

(Author unknown)

Artwork from www.kidscreativespace.org

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends, I am waiting out the days until Tuesday, when I will see the rheumatologist. I haven't slept through the night in several weeks, because I wake in the middle of the night with sharp pains in various joints. The sports medicine doctor is working with me to find the right combination of meds to get some sleep, but we have had no luck so far. I'll try something different tonight.
Thank you for your prayers, which I hope will continue.

Cathy said...

Songbird, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Praying, Songbird.