Saturday, April 12, 2008

Prayer for Saturday for the Good Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd, I have all I need.
She makes me lie down in green meadows, beside the still waters she will lead.
She restores my soul, she rights my wrongs,
She leads me in a path of good things and fills my heart with songs.
Even though I walk through a dark and weary land,
there is no other that can shake me. She has said she won’t forsake me. I am in her hand.

She sets a table before me in the presence of my foes.
She anoints my head with oil and my cup overflows.
Surely, surely, goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in her house forever, forever and ever.
Glory be to our Mother and Daughter and to the Holy of Holies.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

This plays the song itself:
Bobby McFerrin’s setting of the 23rd Psalm to music in honor of his Mother.

Hat tip to pomomusings

1 comment:

Rainbow Pastor said...

I love this song. I listen to it most mornings as part of my meditation/prayer music.

Please keep me in prayer on Tuesday. I'm having a medical procedure and I don't know what to think about it.

You can read the whole thing here.