Monday, March 3, 2008

Miserere

Remember Holy Mother
That never was it known
That anyone approached Thee, out of pain,
and found within Thy beauty
the silence of a stone
and took her sorrow to the night again.

This confidence inspires me
to stand before your shrine:
a child of sorrow and despair.

I lay my small petitions
upon this Throne of thine
and light the golden candles with my prayer....

Mother of Jesus, hear and answer me.

Wendy Farley, The Wounding and Healing of Desire
(Westminster John Knox, 2005), p. 35.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Lovely. Thank you, ML!

Thanks for your faithful prayers, and an update ... my husband and I are doing better. This is the toughest passage we have been through in almost 9 years, but things are improving. I am grateful for God's grace and support and yours.

Please keep my mother in your prayers; I just learned that she had a bad heart attack a few weeks ago (she did NOT go to the doctor until recently...) it turns out that "the bottom of her heart is dead." I'm swirly with horror right now.

Reminder: If you think it's a heart attack...call 911!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Oh, I'm so glad things are getting better, MB. Ongoing prayers for you and your husband, and for your Mom and her health.

Unknown said...

MB, still praying for you and now also for your mom.