Monday, November 5, 2007

Transport the Cry of My Desire

Ah! O cherished one of my vows, my innermost heart thirsts for you.

Ah! Quickly make me come to you, God, living fountain; from you let me draw eternal life forever.

Ah! Quickly let your face shine upon me; let me gladly see you face to face.

Ah! Quickly, quickly show yourself to me; let me rejoice happily in you for eternity.

Ah! ah! O life of my spirit, transport the cry of my desire and join it in one voice with the festive psaltery of your love. And make my life so much your own and glue my soul to your love in such a way that all my life and acts may sing praise to you on the ten-stringed psaltery and that my total intention united to you, may commence, progress, and terminate in you, O true life of my soul.

Ah! and ah! O true love of my heart....

Gertrud the Great of Helfta, Spiritual Exercises VI: 546-559.
(Tr. Gertrud Jaron Lewis and Jack Lewis, Cistercian Publications, 1989, p. 113).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are still needing prayers for my husband to get a job in our new location where we moved for me to serve a church.

There are some in the church who like to bash the pastor. The work of the gossip hounds sometimes hurts even when it is known that they have done this to every other pastor in recent years. I need prayers for comfort, peace, wisdom and courage in this situation.

Thank you in advance.

New Pastor

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

New Pastor,

Prayers are on the way for your husband's job and all the graces you need to handle the challenges of your new call.