Thursday, August 9, 2007

Prayer of Love and Praise

Lord my God,
when Your love spilled over into creation
You thought of me.

I am
from love
of love
for love.

Let my heart, O God, always
recognize,
cherish,
and enjoy your goodness in all of creation.

Direct all that is me toward your praise;
Teach me reverence for every person, all things.
Energize me in your service

Lord God,
May nothing ever distract me from your love ...
Neither health nor sickness
wealth nor poverty
honor nor dishonor
long life nor short life.

May I never seek nor choose to be other
than You intend or wish.

Amen

2 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

I love this version of Ignatius' Principle and Foundation. From Fleming's contemporary reading of the Spiritual Exercises, right?

Cathy said...

Sorry not to answer sooner--I was traveling and didn't look back here until now.

It certainly is a poetic adaptation of the Principle and Foundation, but not from Fleming, and I'm not sure where it is from. I found it in the "Take and Receive" series of books based on Ignatius, without any other attribution, and I have seen it online, also without attribution.

If anyone else knows, jump right in ...