Friday, June 29, 2007

A Prayer For Vacations


Dear Lord, how I’ve waited for this vacation, and now it’s finally here. Thank You, Lord, for the opportunity to take a break from my daily routine and to replenish my mind, body,and soul so that I may better serve You. Sometimes my expectations for vacations are unrealistic, and I find myself disappointed when things don’t go my way. Help me not to worry about having the “perfect” vacation but to relax and enjoy every moment, whatever it may bring. I am grateful for the joys that await me – whether they be the beauty of your creation, recreation with family or friends, or peace and solitude. Watch over me and protect me as I travel, and bring me safely home again – refreshed and renewed. Amen. -- from the Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Cross

No comments: