Thursday, April 19, 2007

For those who suffer from injustice


O God, we pray for all those in our world
who are suffering from injustice:
For those who are discriminated against
because of their race, color or religion;
For those imprisoned
for working for the relief of oppression;
For those who are hounded
for speaking the inconvenient truth;
For those tempted to violence
as a cry against overwhelming hardship;
For those deprived of reasonable health and education;
For those suffering from hunger and famine;
For those too weak to help themselves
and who have no one else to help them;
For the unemployed who cry out
for work but do not find it.
We pray for anyone of our acquaintance
who is personally affected by injustice.
Forgive us, Lord, if we unwittingly share in the conditions
or in a system that perpetuates injustice.
Show us how we can serve your children
and make your love practical by washing their feet.
Mother Teresa

5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

This post, specifically the picture, made me say, "Oh, my God," about fourteen times.

It makes my prayer request seem pretty damn unimportant too. But I really need to get this out somewhere...

My husband's ex-wife (my stepson's mom), my DH and I have worked very hard to have a team-parenting approach for the last 9 years. We have been the amazement of all who know us, at how well we worked together to keep from being played against each other.

Well, that is apparently over. Ex-wife is siding with Brandon now, and for the last few months, and has decided that Ken and I are irresponsible (?) and provide no structure for him. And, we're mean.

Uhmhmmmmm.

Would you please keep me in your prayers to be the person God wants me to be in this? And for guidance for us all...me, Ken, Renee, and Brandon?

I thank you.

Jennifer Garrison Brownell said...

I'm asking for prayers today for two good friends of mine. They are sisters. They both got pregnant at pretty much the same moment, and were due within 2 days of each other.
Now both have miscarried, one at 6 weeks, the other at 10 weeks.
This is just so sad for the whole family.

Cathy said...

My prayers go out for all who are doing their best to be good parents in challenging circumstances, or with the heartbreak of wanting to be parents and losing a pregnancy ...

Jan said...

Please pray for my youngest, Emily, who has pneumonia. It came on very suddenly, but was caught very quickly.

After looking at the picture and reading the prayer, I also ask for prayers for mothers who see their babies growing sick, but who have no access to medical care. How incredibly helpless they must feel.

Unknown said...

Lord, hear all our prayers.